The AMA Education System (“AMAes”) is a well-established private education conglomerate composed of the following member schools: AMA Colleges, AMA Computer College, AMA Computer University, Inc., ABE International College of Business and Accountancy, ABE International College of Business and Economics, AMA Computer Learning Center, ACLC College, St. Augustine International School, St. Augustine School of Nursing, St. Augustine College, AMA Schools of Medicine, Delta Air International Aviation Academy, and Southern Luzon College of Business, Maritime, Science and Technology, Inc.
AMAes abides by the policies of the State to protect the fundamental human right to privacy and communication, while supportive in ensuring the free flow of information for innovation and growth of our Nation’s learners.
By accessing the website of AMAes or any of its legitimate domains and/or by submitting to us your personal information, forms, and communications, AMAes ensures that your personal data are collected, processed, stored, utilized, and shared or transferred for legitimate purposes and for purposes allowed by law.
III. Definition of Terms
Consent of the Data Subject – refers to any freely given, specific, informed indication of will, whereby the Data Subject agrees to the collection and processing of personal information about and/or relating to him or her. Consent shall be evidenced by your use of this website and your voluntary submission of your personal information.
Data subject – refers to the Users of this website, or the individuals whose personal information is processed by AMAes.
Personal Information – refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of the User is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
By your use of this website and your voluntary submission of your personal information, you consent to our collection, processing, use, and storage thereof, exclusively for legitimate purposes which includes, but is not limited to:
- Processing your inquiry;
- Processing your enrollment;
- Maintaining your records in our institution;
- Providing relevant services;
- Our marketing database.
This consent shall be valid upon your use of our website and your voluntary submission of your personal information, whichever is first. Your consent may have a continued effect throughout the duration of your relationship with AMAes and/or existence of your account(s), and/or until the expiration of the retention limit set by laws and regulations, and/or the period set until the destruction or disposal of records as mandated by relevant laws, unless you withdraw such authorization and consent sooner. Thus, you hereby render AMAes, its officers, employees and representatives free and harmless from any and all liabilities arising from the above collection, use, processing, storage, and legitimate disclosure of your personal information.
V. Information We Collect From you
AMAes may collect your Personal Information for the purposes described above. In addition, AMAEs may collect your Academic, Co-Curricular, and Extracurricular information. We may also request you to submit referral documents
By your mere use of our website, we collect the following information from you:
- Information contained in or relating to any communications that you submitted to us through any means;
- Your IP address and cookies from which you accessed our website, and details of which version of web browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time of your visit in our website;
- The website address of the website from which you accessed our website;
- The approximate location from which you viewed our website;
- Access and Storage of your Personal Information
Only the authorized representatives of AMAes can access your personal data, aside from you. The Personal data we collect will always be accessed for lawful purpose. Authorized representatives of AMAes whose task is to process your personal information are under an obligation of confidentiality.
We store the data we collect from our Data Subjects in the School Information System of AMAes.
As an applicant or student or alumna, AMAes stores your information only for a period necessary in connection with the service or product you availed from us.
Our information storage mechanism ensures the secure storage of personal data; however, we make no warranties in relation thereto.
VII. Disclosure of Personal Information
AMAes may disclose and share information of its applicants, students, and alumni:
- With various units within AMAes or to any of its branches or subsidiaries to fully understand their respective records or for any investigation conducted by AMAes to prevent any unlawful or suspicious activity;
- To any of its affiliates or third-parties for legitimate purposes and only in connection with the services and products of AMAes;
- To any service providers who may need access to the information for the purpose of carrying out work on behalf of AMAes;
- To any Government agencies such as but not limited to, CHED, DepEd, and TESDA, pursuant to law, regulations, or investigations conducted by them;
- To a third person if it is pursuant to a Court order;
- To the applicant, student, or alumna/alumnus with regard to their own school records under the custody of AMAes, when requested.
VIII. Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
AMAes, in compliance with Data Privacy Act, will only retain the Personal Information collected from its websites or from forms/communications submitted to us for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the data was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law.
- Your Rights under the Data Privacy Act as Data Subject (IRR of R.A. No. 10173, Rule VIII, Sec. 34)
- Right to be informed
- Right to object
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure or blocking of Personal Data
To know all the rights of a Data Subject, you can always check the Data Privacy Act and its Implementing Rules and Regulations.
It is emphasized that these rights are to be exercised by answering and submitting your request to our Data Privacy Officer at:
Complaints/ Security Breach Incident: [email protected]
Office Address: AMA Bldg II- #59 Panay Ave, Quezon City
- Policy Revisions
- Other Policies