Online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) online program aims to produce globally competitive graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
Specifically, in three to five years after graduation, the BSIT alumni shall:
- 1. Practice as successful Information Technology professionals for the advancement of society in the Philippines;
- Promote professionalism in the area of Information Technology.
Number of Units
Years to Complete
* Based on curriculum
Why Study Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Online at OEd
Information Technology is a position every company looks for. Companies will always be on the lookout for an information technology professional to look after their servers, websites, and mainframes to ensure they’re running as they should be.
An online Information Technology degree helps ensure job stability while helping you master the different tools you will need to conquer the digital world.
- OEd is one of the pioneer institutions in the Philippines to offer a fully online BS Information Technology (BSIT) course. As an online school, it is one of our thrusts to mold globally competitive alumni who are technologically advanced.
- OEd’s faculty is led by the leading innovators and thinkers in their respective fields. Students in our online Information Technology degree will be taught by respected system analysts, database administrators, and application developers who are all more than happy to impart everything they’ve learned from their years in the business.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Online
- What is an online BS in Information Technology degree program like?
Because OEd is a fully online school, we have a completely flexible schedule wherein students can design and create a school schedule that best suits their lifestyle and needs.
The online Bachelor of Information Technology program will cover topics including computer programming, information assurance and security, and calculus.
- Can you get a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology online?
Yes, you can get an Information Technology degree completely online! There’s no need for you to ever set foot in the OEd campus, not even to submit your application requirements nor for graduation.
- Are online Information Technology degrees respected?
Yes, of course! An online Information Technology course is the same as a traditional course in the Philippines both in terms of curriculum and credits earned. Online degrees get go through the same accreditation process from CHED as all the other traditional schools. The biggest difference between the two is the flexibility that comes with online learning.
- Where can you work with a BS in Information Technology?
Graduates of OEd’s online BSIT degree build many successful careers in the Philippines as data engineers, data scientists, application developers, and researchers. Others opt to become educators and teach the next generation of innovators in the industry of information technology.
- What will you learn in a BS in IT course?
The OEd Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree program prepares you for a corporate career by arming you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. This includes data communication and networking, quantitative methods, data analysis, information management, and data structures.
- Is a career in Information Technology right for you?
A career in Information Technology is right for you if you love solving problems and figuring things out. Careers in information technology often have to deal with fixing data structures, coding, or building elements from scratch. Students should have an innate love of technology, which will further be enhanced by OEd’s curriculum and method of teaching.
- What are the admission requirements in BS in Information Technology?
To learn more about our admission requirements, click here.
- Why choose OEd for BS in Information Technology degree?
OEd is the first school in the Philippines to offer online courses. We have long perfected the system by studying and researching the best portals, modules, and teaching methods before even accepting our first batch of students. We can proudly say that our online learning system has gone through numerous tests to ensure it is one of the best in the country, ensuring our students experience a smooth and hassle-free online learning experience, no matter where in the country they may be.
- How much does an online BS in Information Technology cost in the Philippines?
Tuitions fees greatly vary from school to school but generally, a BS Accounting degree in a traditional on-campus school can cost a student around P60,000 to P80,000. Online degrees will cost significantly less because you won’t have to pay for expenses such as lab fees, library fees, clinic fees, and miscellaneous fees. This comes out to around P55,000 a year.