The Bachelor of Elementay Education (BEED) is designed to equip students with the basic and specialized knowledge and skills necessary in their practice as professional teacher. The curriculum design features various components such as foundational general education, teaching and learning skills, methodological skills, experimental knowledge skills, professional and ethical values, and subject matter knowledge appropriate to the level of teaching. It aims to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The BEED program is structured to meet the needs of professional teachers for elementary schools in the Philippines. It aims to develop elementary school teachers who are generalists and are capable of teaching across the different learning areas.
Graduates of the BEED program are equipped to take the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) and become professional licensed teachers under the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Elementary Education has the following
- To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of Elementary education;
- To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive and nationally certified Elementary School Teacher;
- To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics;
- To enable students to get a broad teaching education that includes concepts and ideas included in curriculum development, instruction, and assessment;
- To enable students to gain an entry-level teaching position in the public or private sector and/or pursue graduate study.
- To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world
The graduates of Bachelor of Elementary Education in the Philippines may find various employment opportunities throughout the education sector. Here are a few potential career paths for Elementary Education graduates:
- Elementary School Teacher (private or public schools)
- Academic Tutor
- Home-based Teacher/Tutor
- Educational Researcher
- Curriculum Specialist
- Module Writer
- Instructional Content Developer
- Instructional Materials Designer
- Textbook/Workbook Author
Why Should You Get an Online Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education?
A Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education will open fulfilling career opportunities anywhere in the Philippines. An online education degree prepares aspiring teachers with the skills and knowledge to impart knowledge to younger students.
OEd’s BEED program serves to shape future educators who will nurture the next generation. This online program requires four years of education that encompasses subject matter knowledge, teaching and learning skills, and professional and ethical values, as well as various soft skills like communication and critical thinking skills. Explore and form your own teaching philosophy guided by experienced educators.
Whether teaching is a calling to you, a life-fulfilling passion, or a career path that maximizes your potential, OEd’s online BEED program provides you with the theoretical and practical lessons that help you become a true professional in the education sector.
With purely online classes, you can learn at your pace with a flexible schedule, as the program is designed to adapt to students’ different circumstances so you can become a globally competitive educator.
Number Of Units
Years To Complete
OEd’s Go-to Statement
For professionals who would like to pursue their studies and work at the same time, we are the Go-to for flexible distance education with established expertise in the field of online education since 2015. Unlike the other competitors, we value the students by providing the best customer service while giving them the best advice on how to finish their studies as fast as possible. The 24/7 platform accessibility liberates the students to manage their time and learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere.