Bachelor of Arts in
Explore the world of language, literature, and effective communication with the Bachelor of Arts in English Language (BA English Language) program.
At OEd, the BA English Language degree is equivalent to level 6 of the Philippine Qualifications Framework. It dives into the intricacies of language, letting students master the power of words and the impact of eloquent expressions through theory and practice. Upon completion of the program, graduates will have a world-class bachelor’s degree that is nationally accredited.
Join us in discovering the power of language, transcending time and culture. Whether it’s to become a wordsmith, a literary analyst, or a communication specialist, the BA English Language degree is a gateway to boundless linguistic exploration. And with the guidance of OEd’s values, graduates can become proficient communicators, ethically responsible individuals, and contributors to the nation’s progress.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts in English has the following objectives:
- Produce competent and effective teachers who are articulate speakers of English and Foreign Language, which skill would make them globally competitive leaders in the field of education.
- Enable graduates to demonstrate a high level of English proficiency both in oral and written forms;
- Enable graduates to reason clearly and logically and to express themselves forcefully either orally or in writing.
- Enable graduates to analyze, synthesize and probe approaches to different human problems and to marshal relevant information on a given topic or problem.
- Enable graduates to utilize facts or information in projects or activities designated to enlighten the people or to improve their physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual conditions.
- To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive and nationally certified a professional English Teachers.
- To develop the critical, analytical and comparative skills by engagement with a wide range of texts written in English
- To engage and enhance the students enthusiasm for the subject and their awareness of its social and cultural importance.
- To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
- To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts Major in English program can pursue a variety of exciting possibilities. With their acquired grasp of language and literature, doors are opened to different academic and scholarly roles, allowing them to thrive in diverse career paths:
- Copy Editor
- Content Writer
- School teacher
- English Teacher
- Technical Writer
- Learning Mentor
- Records Manager
- Editorial Assistant
- Media Researcher
- Information Officer
- Academic Librarian
- Language Specialist
- Course Development Specialist
In the Philippines, graduates of Bachelor of Arts in English can pursue various occupations in different fields as writing is an essential part of businesses. It’s just a matter of deciding on which type of career graduates see for themselves.
Why Fulfill your Bachelor of Arts in English Language studies with OEd?
Begin an enriching academic journey with OEd and pursue Bachelor of Arts Major in English.
At OEd, our program dives into the complexities of language, nurturing the students’ communication skills and honing their literary insights. With a curriculum designed to integrate theory and practice, students emerge as effective communicators and informed cultural observers, equipped for a range of dynamic careers.
More than that, going through the BA English Language program fully online offers students the flexibility of learning at their own pace. This independence lets them cultivate their independence, time management, digital literacy, and self-discipline—-skills necessary as they go into the workforce.
OEd’s commitment to quality education is evident in our world-class program, nationally accredited to ensure the highest standards of learning. Our experienced educators guide students through a rich literary exploration while fostering critical thinking and ethical values.
Enroll now and impact society with the power of language!
Number Of Units
Years To Complete
Frequently Asked Questions about the Bachelor of Arts in English Degree
To address some of the queries students may have about pursuing studies in the Philippines for a Bachelor of Arts in English Language degree, here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
OEd’s Go-to Statement
For professionals who would like to pursue their studies and work at the same time, we are the Go-to for flexible distance education with established expertise in the field of online education since 2015. Unlike the other competitors, we value the students by providing the best customer service while giving them the best advice on how to finish their studies as fast as possible. The 24/7 platform accessibility liberates the students to manage their time and learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere.