The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA Psychology) course is designed to provide initial training for those interested in teaching, research, and the practice of psychology. It also provides a solid foundation on the major areas of psychology which may also be used as preparation for further studies and training in particular specializations of psychology or other professions such as medicine, education, law, and business management. The online BA Psychology degree aims to produce graduates who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The online Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree program has the following objectives:
- To train students to appreciate the complexities of human behavior, and teaches them the tools with which to understand these complexities;
- To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of Psychology;
- Provide grounding in all areas of psychology such that students may progress onto postgraduate training and education in psychology.
- To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive and nationally recognized/licensed Psychologist/Counselor
- To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
- To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
The graduates of the BA Psychology degree may pursue careers in major sectors of the Philippines such as:
- The helping professions (psychotherapy, medicine)
- Education (licensed psychometrician)
- Business and governmental organizations (human resource management, i.e. selection, training and development),
- Civil society (community development)
** Applicable for New incoming students only. Existing students will go by their respective curriculum. List of courses may change subject to evaluation and crediting.
Number Of Units
Years To Complete
* Based On Curriculum
Why Study Bachelor Of Arts In Psychology Online At OEd
Psychology is a necessary and respected profession in the Philippines. A Bachelor of Arts in Psychology gives you job stability by opening several doors for you both in the country and abroad.
- OEd is one of the pioneer institutions in the Philippines to offer a fully online BA Pyschology degree. As an online school, it is one of our thrusts to mold globally competitive alumni who are technologically advanced.
- OEd’s faculty is led by the leading innovators and thinkers in their respective fields. Students in our online BA Psychology course will be taught by respected psychologists, guidance counselors, and even HR professionals who are all more than happy to impart everything they’ve learned from their years in the business.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bachelor Of Arts In Psychology Online At OEd
- What is an online BA in Psychology degree program like?
Because OEd is a fully online school, we have a completely flexible schedule wherein students can design and create a school schedule that best suits their lifestyle and needs.
The online Psychology course will cover topics including Philippine culture, human behavior, gender, and society.
- Can you get a bachelor’s degree in Psychology online?
Yes, you can get a BA Psychology degree completely online! There’s no need for you to ever set foot in the OEd campus, not even to submit your application requirements nor for graduation.
- Are online Psychology degrees respected?
Yes, of course! An online Psychology course is the same as a traditional course both in terms of curriculum and credits earned. OEd’s BA Psychology online degree is accredited and goes through the same certification process from CHED as all the other traditional schools. The biggest difference between the two is the flexibility that comes with online learning.
- Where can you work with a BA in Psychology?
Graduates of OEd’s online Bachelor of Arts of Psychology can have successful careers in the Philippines as psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, educators, lawyers, or doctors.
- What will you learn in a BA in Psychology course?
The OEd Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree program will dissect what goes on in the human mind and explains the complexities of human behavior. A BA in Psychology will teach you about gender, culture, society, and even art.
- Is a career in psychology right for you?
A career in psychology is perfect for individuals who love dealing with people. Psychology delves deep into the psyche and manner of thinking of people, so those who love interacting with people and solving problems will naturally excel in psychology. While not necessarily a pre-requisite, those who are in-tune with their nurturing side will find great success in their chosen career post-graduation.
- What are the admission requirements in BA Psychology?
To learn more about our admission requirements, click here.
- Why choose OEd for BA in Psychology degree?
OEd is the first school in the Philippines to offer online BA Psychology courses. We have long perfected the system by studying and researching the best portals, modules, and teaching methods before even accepting our first batch of students. We can proudly say that our online learning system has gone through numerous tests to ensure it is one of the best in the country, ensuring our students experience a smooth and hassle-free online learning experience, no matter where in the country they may be.
- Should I get a BA or BS in Psychology? What’s the difference?
While both degrees offer an inside look into the way the human mind works by discussing a broad range of psychology topics, BA Psychology is very different from BS Psychology.
BA Psychology focuses on liberal arts courses giving students exposure to different liberal arts and humanities subjects on top of their psychology courses. For instance, OEd’s BA Psychology curriculum offers Philippine Popular Culture, Art Appreciation, and Ethics to go along with the Psychology subjects.
The BS Psychology degree, on the other hand, approaches Psychology as a science with more emphasis on high math, computer science, and quantitative reasoning. The curriculum of BS Psychology typically includes courses on research methods and even biology.
- How much does an online BA in Psychology cost in the Philippines?
Tuitions fees greatly vary from school to school but generally, a BA Psychology degree in a traditional on-campus school can cost a student around P60,000 to P80,000. Online degrees will cost significantly less because you won’t have to pay for expenses such as lab fees, library fees, clinic fees, and miscellaneous fees. This comes out to around P45,000 a year.