Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA Psychology) is designed to provide initial training for those interested in teaching, research, and practice of psychology. It also provides a solid basic foundation on the major areas of psychology which may also be used as preparation for further studies and training in particular specializations of psychology or other professions such as medicine, education, law, and business management. It aims to produce graduates who will be professionally competent morally upright and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The program leading to the degree Bachelor of Arts in Psychology has the following objectives:
1. To train students to appreciate the complexities of human behavior, and teaches them the tools with which to understand these complexities;
2. To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of Psychology;
3. Provide grounding in all areas of psychology such that students may progress onto postgraduate training and education in psychology.
4. To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive and nationally recognized/licensed Psychologist/Counselor
5. To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
6. To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
The graduates may pursue careers in major sectors of the society such as:
– The helping professions (psychotherapy, medicine)
– Education (licensed psychometrician)
– Business and governmental organizations (human resource management, i.e. selection, training and development),
– Civil society (community development)
** Applicable for New incoming students only. Existing students will go by their respective curriculum. List of courses may change subject to evaluation and crediting.