The Bachelor of Arts in Economics (BA Economics) is designed to provide a general education, with an emphasis on the skills and knowledge required to understand the economy.
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Economics has the following objectives:
1. To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of the field of Economics, Statistics and Econometrics
2. To provide students a solid grounding in economic concepts and reasoning and how these
3. To enable students to get a broad liberal education in the arts and letters, social sciences and philosophy, natural science and mathematics.
4. To provide training in subject –specific skills for further study or direct entry to the labor market
5. To enable students to develop the cultural sensitivity, ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to become upright citizens of the Philippines and the world.
With specialized training, graduates of the BA/BS Economics program may pursue careers as researchers/analysts in the public or corporate sector.
Number Of Units
Years To Complete
* Based On Curriculum