Computer And Information Technology Short Courses
- PHP DEVELOPER: CORE PHP
- PHP DEVELOPER: WORKING WITH DATA
- AZURE ADMINISTRATOR
- IT HELP DESK SPECIALIST
- R EXPERT
- AI AND MACHINE LEARNING
- DEEP LEARNING AND NEURAL NETWORKS
- 2D DIGITAL ANIMATOR
- 3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR
- 3D VISUAL DESIGN SPECIALIST
- BACK-END WEB DEVELOPER
- CERTIFIED CAD DESIGNER WITH SOLIDWORKS
- CERTIFIED INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER
- CIVIL ENGINEERING CAD TECHNICIAN
- COMPTIA CYBERSECURITY ANALYST (CYSA+ CS0-002)
- DATA ENGINEER: MASTERING THE CONCEPTS
- DATA SCIENTIST
- DEVOPS ENGINEER
- DIGITAL ILLUSTRATOR
- DIGITAL PAINTER
- FILEMAKER CUSTOM APP DEVELOPER
- FULL-STACK WEB DEVELOPER
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER
- JAVA EE 7 DEVELOPER
- JAVA PROGRAMMER
- JUNIOR WORDPRESS DEVELOPER
- LARAVEL DEVELOPER
- LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
3ds Max is one of the world’s leading modeling and rendering software packages. In this learning path, you can explore many of the main renderers used with 3ds Max and build your rendering skill set.
- Compare various renderers compatible with 3ds Max.
- Explore new options for rendering in 3ds Max.
- Practice using new renders with 3ds Max.
Deepen your core PHP knowledge by leveraging more of the built-in functionality and libraries. Discover how to use the provided data structure, iterators, interfaces, exceptions, and classes to get the job done.
- Practice working with the Standard PHP Library (SPL).
- Learn to securely manage files and emails.
- Build clean URLs.
Take the complexity out of working with data by learning how to connect to databases and manipulate values using PHP. Learn how to fetch result sets by executing queries, discover how to implement persistent sessions, find out how to simplify access to directories, and more.
- Learn how to use PDO and MySQLi to access databases.
- Manage persistent sessions between servers and clients.
- Practice asynchronously loading content to your site using Ajax.
Microsoft Azure is one of the leading enterprise-grade cloud computing platforms. This learning path provides IT professionals who have an existing knowledge of Azure with the skills they need to successfully manage infrastructure on Azure.
- Create, scale, and monitor virtual machines.
- Secure an Azure deployment.
- Implement a BCDR strategy.
IT help desk specialists need technical knowledge and strong customer service skills to be able to successfully resolve issues. Improve how you perform system administration and maintenance while also enhancing your skills in communication, time management, conflict resolution, and teamwork.
- Advance your skills in resolving hardware and software issues.
- Learn how to prepare for certification.
- Enhance your communication skills for successful interactions.
The R language is one of the top two languages you need to learn if you want build the strongest career path possible in data science. (The other is Python.) After mastering the basics of R, take your skills in data science into highly valued areas of specialty with this learning path.
- Learn R in the context of the R tidyverse.
- Create data visualizations and presentations.
- Develop business analytics skills at an advanced level in Excel.
There’s a lot to learn and to stay on top of in the rapidly expanding universe of artificial intelligence and machine learning. Use the range of courses in this learning path to augment your skills related to AI, ML, and data science by reviewing data analysis tasks and exploring top platforms.
- Build advanced-level algorithmic techniques.
- Learn how to analyze data using Wolfram Mathematica.
- Master the machine learning capabilities of Apache Spark.
The hottest new frontier in the universe of AI and machine learning is in deep learning and neural networks. This learning path is your entryway into the tools, concepts, and finer points of computer vision, natural language processing, and more.
- Master the basics of computer vision.
- Explore the applications of building neural networks.
- Learn how natural language processing (NLP) works.
Use your creativity and technical skills to bring characters and stories to life as a 2D digital animator. Learn how to go from concept to finished animation, using industry-standard tools and the latest techniques from prominent animators in the business.
- Learn the basics of animation and character development for 2D.
- Apply storytelling principles to your animations.
- Practice with exercises in Adobe Animate and Toon Boom Harmony.
Channel your creativity and technical savvy to breathe life into simple characters as a 3D character animator. Learn to apply the basic principles of animation and the processes used by professionals to model, rig, and animate characters in digital environments.
- Apply storytelling principles through animation.
- Design, rig, and animate characters in Maya.
- Discover best practices from experts in 3D animation.
Get the basic skills you need to begin your career as a 3D visual design specialist. Learn to take 2D designs and visualize them in 3D. Develop a strong understanding of how design, form, materials, lighting, color, and environment play roles in 3D visualization.
- Learn essential 3D software skills for visualization.
- Practice translating 2D designs into 3D visualizations.
Learn the foundational skills of back-end web development and put them into practice using the popular server-side programming language Node.js. Work with databases, test your code, build and consume RESTful APIs, and dig deeper into security and HTTP.
- Learn how to persist data in your applications.
- Build and consume RESTful web services.
- Secure your application’s data.
Master the basics of SOLIDWORKS, the industry-leading CAD software. This path includes essential training, project-based courses, and certification prep that will help advance your manufacturing career.
- Build a solid foundation in 2D and 3D parts modeling.
- Create manufacturing ready parts and assemblies.
- Prepare for the Certified SOLIDWORKS Exams.
Prepare for the ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam, a certification that distinguishes you as having knowledge and experience in the development and management of an information security program.
Civil engineering CAD technicians use industry-leading software to prepare structural designs for construction. Get the skills needed to succeed, from 2D and 3D drawing to building and verifying designs for major construction projects.
- Learn digital drafting to build and verify designs.
- Create 2D and 3D drawings to prepare designs for construction.
- Design in AutoCAD and Civil 3D with expert best practices.
Obtaining the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification validates that you have the knowledge required to prevent, detect, and combat cybersecurity threats. The courses in this learning path map to the seven domains of the CySA+ exam and can help you take your career to the next level.
Build extensive data engineering and DevOps skills as you learn essential concepts. With this learning path, master the tools of the trade and how to apply them in real-world data project environments and platforms.
- Build a foundation in data engineering and data science DevOps.
- Explore techniques deployed in common tools and platforms.
- Develop deeper skills in data science application programming.
Whether you’re working in IT or simply have an interest in entering the exciting field, this learning path will support you in developing a career in data science. Learn about the fundamental stages of data science work, from Statistics and Systems Engineering to Data Mining and Machine Learning.
- Build a solid foundational understanding of statistics, which is necessary for any data science-related field.
- Discover the many categories of job specialization within Data Science.
- Learn how to source, explore, and communicate with data through graphs and statistics.
Are you a developer learning continuous delivery, a sys admin keeping current, or a new engineer getting started? This Learning Path helps you gain skills to work in DevOps. Learn about infrastructure automation, lean and agile transformation, security, monitoring, and site reliability engineering.
- Discover how to adopt DevOps at your organization.
- Explore tools and concepts for infrastructure automation.
- Build a continuous delivery pipeline using practices.
Bring your illustration talent into the digital realm and discover how to create art for advertising agencies, design studios, and the entertainment industry. In this path, you’ll learn to create logos and illustrations using today’s best design software for digital illustrators.
- Learn to draw vector graphics and digitize hand drawn art.
- Optimize your workflow and seamlessly move through applications.
- Practice with essential training in industry leading software, including Illustrator and Adobe Pen.
Whether you are a traditional painter looking to transition to digital work or you have never picked up a brush, learn the essential concepts and skills you need to become a digital painter.
- Learn essential digital painting software like Painter and Photoshop.
- Practice mixing paint, working with layers and brushes, and sketching in a digital environment.
- Explore best practices and insights from professional artists.
It’s never been a better time to become a custom app developer. Learn to create innovative apps that work seamlessly across iPhone, iPad, Windows, Mac and the web on the FileMaker Platform. Whatever your level of experience, get the training for this high-demand opportunity! Created in collaboration with FileMaker.
- Design and build smart, secure custom apps with FileMaker Pro 17.
- Learn to work effectively on virtual teams.
- Master the fundamentals of project management and freelancing.
Get the skills to work with both back-end and front-end technologies as a full-stack developer. You’ll develop a solid foundation for working with servers and host configurations, performing database integrations, and creating dynamic, data-driven websites.
- Learn the foundations of programming for full stack developers.
- Practice with a variety of popular platforms in full stack developer careers.
- Explore core server languages like PHP, Node.js, .NET, and Ruby on Rails.
Graphic designers create visual concepts that inspire, inform, and transform. Use industry-leading tools to build innovative design projects and discover the skills needed to become an in-demand visual thinker and communicator.
- Build a solid foundation in the elements of design: typography, color, and layout.
- Explore the design process to visualize compelling ideas.
- Practice with hands on exercises in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Java EE is a powerful platform for building enterprise-scale Java applications. Get the skills to work with both client- and server-side technologies as a Java EE developer. This path requires knowledge of Java and object-oriented programming, covered in the Become a Java Programmer learning path.
- Build dynamic applications that pass data from client to server.
- Work with data by building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Deploy your applications to the cloud.
Java is the core language for Android and many enterprise web applications. Begin your path toward becoming a professional developer by building a solid foundation in the Java language.
- Learn the fundamentals of programming with Java.
- Discover solutions to common Java programming challenges.
- Build mobile, desktop, and web applications with Java.
Get the skills you need to develop custom websites powered by WordPress. With this learning path, you’ll build a solid foundation for developing your advanced WordPress skills. Go beyond simply choosing WordPress themes, and learn how to actually manipulate WordPress to build content and designs that match your unique needs.
- Learn the essentials of WordPress and web standards.
- Build a custom WordPress theme.
- Discover advanced developer tools and techniques.
Laravel is a popular PHP MVC framework designed to help developers build elegant, secure, and scalable web applications. Get the skills to build full-stack web applications with Laravel in this fast-paced learning path.
- Build dynamic apps that pass data from client to server.
- Work with data by building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Create beautiful front-end sites with Vue.js.
This learning path helps IT pros develop the Linux system administration skills they need to manage and maintain a Linux environment. Beginning with an overview and installation, you can progress to package management, shells and processes, and intermediate and advanced Linux skills and tools.
- Understand the skills and tasks necessary to install and manage CentOS.
- Manage packages with RPM, YUM, dpkg, and APT.
- Explore the tools and steps necessary to configure and manage a Linux network.
- Build web apps using Angular and Node.
- Work with data using MongoDB and Express.
- Test, secure, and deploy your apps.
OEd’s Go-to Statement
For professionals who would like to pursue their studies and work at the same time, we are the Go-to for flexible distance education with established expertise in the field of online education since 2015. Unlike the other competitors, we value the students by providing the best customer service while giving them the best advice on how to finish their studies as fast as possible. The 24/7 platform accessibility liberates the students to manage their time and learn at their own pace, anytime, anywhere.